4 Nights at Casa Polanco Mexico, Deluxe Room with American Breakfast.
Multiple Dates to Choose From:
February 15 – 18, 2024
March 14 – 17, 2024
April 11 – 14, 2024
May 2 – 10, 2024
Welcome to a culinary adventure through the heart and soul of Mexico. This foodie tour is designed for those who love to indulge in delicious cuisine, explore local cultures, and experience new flavors. Mexico’s rich culinary heritage is as diverse as it is delicious, with a fascinating history that has been shaped by the fusion of indigenous, European, and African influences.
From the street food vendors of Mexico City to the unique interactive dinner experience led by iconic chef Alfredo Chavez, and more . This tour will take you on a journey through Mexico’s most iconic dishes and regional specialties. You’ll taste the bold flavors of mole, savor the tangy spices of ceviche, and experience the sweet heat of chiles en nogada. Along the way, you’ll learn about the local ingredients and cooking techniques that make each dish unique and discover the stories behind some of Mexico’s most beloved dishes.
But this tour isn’t just about the food. You’ll also have the chance to explore Mexico City Centro Historico, and Mexico City’s trendy La Roma neighborhood. You’ll meet local chefs and learn about how food is served and eaten as well, and you’ll experience the warmth and hospitality of the Mexican people.
Join us on this unforgettable foodie tour of Mexico and discover the flavors, culture, and traditions that make this country so special.
Day 1: Experience the ultimate luxury during your stay at Casa Polanco
Indulge in a luxurious stay at Casa Polanco, a newly renovated property located in the upscale Polanco neighborhood. Blending the service of a high-end hotel with the intimacy of a private residence, Casa Polanco offers the perfect base from which to explore the thriving arts and cultural scene, luxury shopping, and world-class restaurants in the area.
With its blend of contemporary and Spanish colonial revival architecture, this design-forward hotel boasts a historic mansion from the 1930s extended into a modern building. Restored original architectural features, rare pieces, and furniture collected from antique shops, along with a contemporary eye for interior design, work together to create a sophisticated and intimate space.
Guests will be accommodated in one of the hotel’s 19 elegant suites, each featuring a unique decor with a stylish color palette of muted browns, black, and white. You can enjoy a meal at Casa Polanco’s signature restaurant, unwind on the terrace, or find some quiet time with a book in The Library or a treatment in the Spa Cabin.
Experience the ultimate in luxury and comfort during your stay at Casa Polanco.
Day 2: Private Mexico City Historic Center Foodie Walk
- Duration: Approx. 5 hours (plus transfer time to/from hotel)
- Pick-Up Time and Location: Mon to Fri at 11:30am, Sat & Sun at 11am, from your hotel
- Included: Private transportation, private bilingual guide, walking experience, tastings, and drinks at 8 places (enough for lunch), bottled water, and gratuities.
- Walking Distance: 4km
- Please Note: Tastings are subject to change for the best experience on the day.
Embark on a mouthwatering adventure through Mexico City’s historic center, starting with a private pick-up from your hotel. Discover the traditional and unique flavors of Mexico, from pre-Hispanic cuisine to contemporary dishes, as you travel through the country’s rich history. Savor fresh ingredients at an Aztec marketplace, enjoy a drink at a typical Mexican cantina, and feast on authentic regional specialties.
As you explore the Centro histórico with your expert guide, marvel at the area’s emblematic buildings and charming squares, and hear fascinating stories that bring downtown Mexico City to life. After uncovering some of the city’s best culinary secrets, you’ll be driven back to your hotel, gorged, and satisfied by this unforgettable foodie experience.
Day 2 still continues with Insider Interactive Dinner Experience with Private Chef
- Duration: 3 hours (plus transfer time)
- Pick-up Time & Location: 6pm (flexible), from your hotel
- Included: Private transportation, private 6-course dinner menu with professional chef demonstration, drinks (tequila, mezcal, aqua fresca, coffee, tea), culinary host.
- Not Included: Gratuities (typically 25-45 USD per person, depending on group size.) Please Note: Options for vegan, vegetarian, and dietary restrictions are available.
- Please advise your travel planner in advance. The menu changes depending on the availability of fresh, seasonal produce.
Step into the world of a professional chef with this unique interactive dinner experience led by Alfredo Chavez, a passionate and accomplished culinary expert. Having trained at Michelin-starred restaurants in Paris, New York, and Lyon, Chef Chavez’s commitment to Mexican cuisine, endemic ingredients, and pre-Hispanic cultures is evident in every dish he creates.
Join your culinary host at his city apartment in the vibrant Polanco neighborhood, a hub of Mexico City’s gastronomic scene. Savor a mezcal or tequila cocktail as you watch Chef Chavez prepare a 6-course dinner menu that celebrates the rich culinary heritage of Mexico. With each dish, he’ll share insights on the origins and ingredients, as well as the historical, cultural, and social context that makes them unique.
As you sip, savor, and learn, feel free to join in and help with the cooking if you’re feeling inspired. Chef Chavez will reveal preparation techniques, cooking tips, and plating strategies, making this a truly interactive experience. At the end of the evening, you’ll leave with a deeper appreciation for Mexican cuisine and its place in the world of fine dining.
Day 3: Mexican Art, Cheese & Wine Pairing Experience in Coyoacan
- Pick-up Time and Location: 9am, your hotel
- Duration: 8-9 hours
- Included: Private transportation + guide, Casa Azul entrance fee, private cheese & wine tasting &
- pairing (enough for lunch)
- Not Included: Gratuities
Enjoy an artistic, foodie day out in Coyoacan. Walk in Frida Kahlo’s footsteps, get to know the peaceful pueblo, and taste artisanal Mexican cheeses with a pairing of wines.
Step into the creative world of Frida Kahlo at Casa Azul, the artist’s beloved lifelong home, for a fascinating insight into how the artist worked and lived. Preserved as it would have been in Frida’ s mid-20th century Mexico, you’ll be immersed in her world as you study the painter’s personal objects and original artwork on show. In recent years, a collection of Frida’s clothes and bathroom items were uncovered, giving you an intimate insight into how the artist dealt with the physical limitations caused by a traumatic accident in her youth. If available, you can make a second visit to either the House Studio Museum of Diego Rivera and Frida or Anahuacalli, Rivera’s stone temple house that hosts his vast collection of pre-Hispanic pieces.
Soak up the charm of Coyoacan with your private guide, an area that feels more like a peaceful village than the suburb of a sprawling metropolis! Wander through cobblestone streets, leafy green plazas and local markets offering handmade crafts and fresh produce. Round out the day with a unique tasting of artisanal Mexican cheese paired with a selection of three Mexican wines. Taste goat’s cheese and camembert made by local families, accompanied by fruit, bread, and sweet jams. Later on, you’ll be driven back to your hotel.
Day 4: Private Foodie Walking Experience in La Roma
Pick-Up Time and Location: 11:30 am, your hotel Duration: Approximately 4 hours, including transfer time to/from hotel Included: Private transportation, private bilingual guide, walking experience, tastings and drinks at 6 places (enough for lunch), bottled water, and gratuities. Walking Distance: 3 km Please Note: Tastings are subject to change to ensure the best experience on the day.
Today, you’ll have the chance to explore Mexico City’s trendy Roma neighborhood like a local. After being picked up from your hotel in the late morning, you’ll experience the tastes, sights, and sounds of this cool colonia with your private guide.
In no time, you’ll become a Mexican food expert as you indulge your taste buds while exploring the culinary vanguard of Roma’s specialty food shops, cafes, and charming eateries. Enjoy a taste of the coast with fresh fish tacos, sample Mexican wine paired with a signature chef’s dish, and sip on coffee and sweet tamales from Veracruz.
As you wander through this over 100-year-old neighborhood, gain insight into what makes La Roma one of Mexico City’s most captivating colonias as your guide shares their knowledge on the area’s historic mansions, architectural gems, and cultural offerings.
After immersing yourself in La Roma’s gastronomy and character, you’ll be driven back to your hotel.
Enjoy a private evening of tacos, beer, and mezcal in the vibrant city of Mexico (CDMX)!
Your experience begins with a pickup from your hotel lobby at 5pm. You’ll be transported in private comfort to visit four traditional taquerias located in the central neighborhoods of San Rafael, Anzures, La Roma, and La Condesa. These taquerias are famous for their mouthwatering tacos and are an essential part of Mexico’s street food scene.
Please Note: Tastings are subject to change for the best experience on the day. Not recommended for vegans.
Your private bilingual guide will take you on a culinary journey to try a variety of taco styles, including the world-famous ‘al pastor’ and regional delicacies. You’ll also enjoy a refreshing beer or two with your tacos.
On your last stop, you’ll be introduced to the smoky, sweet, and herbal flavors of mezcal. Accompanied by a mezcalillero (mezcal master), you’ll learn about the cultural and gastronomic heritage of this magical pre-Hispanic spirit. This experience takes place at Mexico City’s first mezcal bar, where you can soak up the lively atmosphere while savoring the taste of mezcal.
The duration of the experience is approximately 3 hours, including transfer time to and from your hotel. Private transportation, a private bilingual guide, taco sampling, drinks at four locations, mezcal tasting, and gratuities are included. Please note that tastings are subject to change for the best experience on the day, and this experience is not recommended for vegans.
After an evening full of flavor, you’ll be driven back to your hotel. Book now for a night to remember!
End of Services
- Make your departure from Mexico City as stress-free as possible with a private transfer from your hotel to Mexico City International Airport.
- At the arranged time, your driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and transport you directly to the airport, which is approximately a 30–45-minute drive away.
- Once you arrive at the airport, our dedicated airport supervisor will be waiting to assist you with your check-in process. They will have your boarding pass ready and will be on hand to help you with any luggage you may have.
- Enjoy a hassle-free and comfortable journey from your hotel to the airport with this private transfer service. Book now to secure your transfer!
- Important Note: Please note that no reservations have been made, and all services are subject to availability. Prices are subject to change until services are confirmed.
- The price of your package includes all transfers and ground transportation, which will be provided on a private or shared basis as detailed in the itinerary. The vehicle type used will depend on the size of your group, with a sedan provided for 1-3 people, a van for 4-9 people, and a minibus or coach for 10-40 people. Upgraded vehicles are available at an additional cost, please inquire for more details. Spanish-speaking drivers will be provided, unless otherwise indicated.
- Your package also includes all accommodation as noted in the itinerary, as well as all guided services and tours, which will be provided on a private or shared basis. All taxes, meals as indicated in the itinerary, and park/museum entrance fees (as noted in the itinerary) are also included. Please note that park/museum entrance fees are subject to increase based on the actual price at the time of travel.
- During your trip, you’ll receive dedicated personal operations assistance while in the field to ensure that your experience is smooth and enjoyable.